John Vukmanovic, Esq.
John Vukmanovic is the co–founder and a partner of Delman Vukmanovic LLP. John is highly regarded among his peers in the legal communities of Los Angeles and Orange counties. His highly aggressive, yet sensible approach to civil litigation routinely yields successful outcomes for his new and returning clients.
Recognized for Superlative Results and Service as Business Litigation Attorney
Among his achievements, John has been named by Los Angeles Magazine as a Southern California “Super Lawyer” in Business Litigation. “Super Lawyers,” a peer–designated honor, is bestowed upon only the top five percent of lawyers practicing in California. In addition, John has been awarded Martindale–Hubbell’s Client Distinction Award, an honor conferred by his clients in appreciation of John’s value in quality of service, communication skills, and professional diligence.
Top Civil Litigation Lawyer in Los Angeles and Orange County
As a “bulldog” litigator and consummate trial attorney, John’s comprehensive background in civil litigation comprises a long string of successful outcomes for clients facing complex business and real estate litigation, as well as employment, professional liability and intellectual property disputes. While each case is different, John approaches all civil disputes the same way: striving for maximum effectiveness and leverage in civil litigation while maintaining efficiency.
Large Firm Litigation Experience
John acquired his early legal experience in the insurance industry, subsequently rising to prominence as an attorney with the large national law firm of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP, and later with the high–profile business and entertainment litigation firm of Freedman & Taitelman, LLP. His experience makes him uniquely qualified to understand his clients’ challenges, and to achieve their ultimate goals.
John proactively dedicates a significant amount of time assisting individuals of limited means in pro bono matters and devotes energy to a range of charitable organizations in the greater Los Angeles and Orange County areas.
AREAS OF PRACTICE EXPERTISE
Practice solely devoted to civil litigation in the following areas:
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Internet and Intellectual Property Litigation
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
Whittier College School of Law, Costa Mesa, California
- J.D. – 2000
- Honors: Accelerated Program
- Honors: Civil Trial Advocacy course
Oxford University Faculty of Law, Oxford, England – 1999
- Honors: Institute on Comparative and International Law
California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Bachelor of Science – 1994
- Major: Business Administration
- Emphasis: International Business
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Southern California “Super Lawyer” in Business Litigation (Los Angeles Magazine)
- “Martindale–Hubbell Client Distinction Award”, 2005-2016, based on clients’ recognition for excellence in quality of service, overall value, responsiveness and communication ability.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Esquire Network
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Freedman & Taitelman, Associate Attorney, 2005 – 2008
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP, Associate Attorney, 2003 – 2005
- LaFollette, Johnson, DeHaas, Fesler, Silberberg & Ames, A.P.C., Associate Attorney, 2001 – 2003
- Farmers Insurance, Senior Claims Representative, 1997 – 1998
- 20th Century Insurance, Office Claims Adjuster, 1995 – 1996
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Various throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties
- Serbian, Croatian